Garry's mod, a DLL, and safe mode walk into a bar...

Discussion in 'Software' started by TacoNinja1995, Aug 17, 2009.

1. TacoNinja1995

TacoNinja1995 Private E-2

Well, the title is undescriptive, but I wanted to put the 3 main components to my problem where they would be easily seen. For those who don't know what Garry's Mod is, it's a mod for Half Life 2, in case this helps. I went to download an addon for Gmod, and it was uncompatible with the new gmod updates, and crashed my game every time I went to launch it. Then, I went to delete the addon file (Called gm_mount.dll) and I got this message when I went to delete it, "You need permission to move (or delete, I can't remember) this file" but I'm an admin on my computer, and had full access to that file. Then, I read up on that, and went to delete it through Safe Mode, and that worked without a hitch. Then, the problem train came rollin on in. :banghead When I restarted my computer, I logged into my account, but all I could see my cursor, and microsoft narrator. No desktop, no taskbar, and Ctrl+alt+del wouldn't work, and I had to hard boot. I had that same error every time I restarted. Then my mom did something on her account, and let me log in, but there was no internet, and my Vista theme reverted back to something resembling windows XP, and my computer was unusually slow...Then, I logged onto another computer, and typed a thread...

2. indyattic

indyattic Corporal

So, what was the punch line?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds