Safety

Discussion in 'Software' started by peterr, Aug 7, 2009.

1. peterr

peterr MajorGeek

Hello
    An online person is offering to help me learn.
    He said to begin with go to PCPitStop Overdrive. Then I am do perform some other similiar tasks and send the reports to him.
    Question, is this a safe site to go to, follow prompts and report to some tech for advice or am I giving away sensitive information?
    Thank you

2. peterr

peterr MajorGeek

>>I don't know this person in a forum; it is like you and I.
    I guess I was asking if I sent the results to him is there anything that could compromise my security?
    But, from what you tell me, I will run it and hopefully you can let me know if the results of such a test are ok or not ok for another to read.
    If unsure, that's ok too as I will at least benefit from the test- I hope.
    Thanx Dom.

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Peter

While this person maybe very honest, I'm always weary of saying to folk allow someone to control your PC, but then many do that here with logs and taking our advice, it all comes down to how much you personally trust a person that is faceless on the internet. The othe rperson you talk about I do not know so cannot ever comment on their integrity.

So all goes down to who you can trust, and who has offered help in the past that has not compromised your PC.

Personally if you want PC security advice then this guide is good and then our advice here is as you have experienced in the past is honest and not harmed you in any way.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds