0xc00000225 Help!

Discussion in 'Software' started by pcrampage, Apr 10, 2013.

1. pcrampage

pcrampage Private First Class

so i have been having a few odd problems with my new system. but yesterday..my birthday! It decided to not work at all. So i tried the reformatting option and deleting my partitions from the "advanced" Options on the windows repair menu

After many restarts with errors ranging from 0xc00000225 to missing bootmgr and ox80300024 i was able to somehow trick my pc into booting up and working. the most prominent being that mentioned in the title of this desperate cry for help. Also i have a corsairs force 3 90 gig which WAS running my OS. will no longer accept accept having windows installed on it. nor is it acknowledged as a hard drive on the my computer window. i also reformatted that in the same manner as prescribed above. it also has a partition 100mb in size that can't be altered which i suspect is its drivers. so why isn't it working?

System info
    Os windows 7 64bit home premium
    cpu intel i5 3570k @ 3.4GHZ never overclocked stock heatsink "for now"
    RAM 8 gig corsairs vengeance 12800 1600mhz 2x4
    Motherboard Z77 Asrock Extreme4
    GPU evga gtx470
    PSU rosewill performance series 630watt
    HD 1 corsairs force 3 90 gig ssd
    HD 2 Seagate barracuda 7200rpm 64mb 250 gig

2. pcrampage

update ...today first bootup of the day it decided to allow my gpu to show up and started to download some generic drivers for it. i'm still getting the 0xc00000225 screen "boot section failed because a device is inaccessible. But oddly i can just hit Esc key and it boots right into windows.

3. cipher

cipher Major Geek Extraordinaire

Question:
    Are you running any virtual machine software?

Also, try disabling the overclocking and reboot.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
  4. cipher

5. pcrampage

thanks...nothing is overclocked i am on a fresh complete reformatted install of windows I also cleared cmos. and i have never ran a virtual machine.

6. cipher

OK and sorry missed the "never" in your first post. :-o

The partition info looked promising, did you try a repair install?

I also saw several references to people losing this error when they disabled "APIC/ACPI" in win BIOS . Have you made any recent changes to the BIOS?

7. pcrampage

i did look into ACPI because i saw it earlier in some posts i found on google ... but ACPI as i understand it enables multi treading and would slow everything down if disabled. i'll try that partitioning tool once i understand it better. maybe i could use it to save my SSD that i got to use for less than 2 weeks.

8. cipher

Since the the partition article I mentioned in post #4 above specifically mentions this error after doing partition work, which you did, and show the repair install as the fix, I would try that.

9. pcrampage

do you mean FSArchiver how does that work? the drive i want to save won't allow me any kind of access. and i still have 0xc00000225 popping up every time i boot up my pc!

10. cipher

FSArchiver???

I suggest, as the article does when seeing this specific error after doing partition work as you say you did, to do a repair install of the OS.

11. pcrampage

its not like i didn't try to do that 20 or 30 times...it just won't work

12. mcsmc

mcsmc MajorGeek

Is the SSD still connected to the computer? Try disconnecting it, if it is.

That drive's likely gone bad, and it sounds like it's causing the stop error.

13. pcrampage

its true once i pulled the SSD's power and sata connection it all booted normally. any way to recover the SSD i only got to use it for about 15 days.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds