Pc To Home Theater 5.1 Problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MIGHTYMITS, Jan 16, 2006.

1. MIGHTYMITS

MIGHTYMITS Private E-2

Hello all,

Heres my problem. Ive got my pc hooked up to my Kenwood 5.1 surround sound reciever in the livingroom to play MP3's and the such via a 50 foot 1/8" to RCA cable, Ive tried various inputs on the reciever and everytime i try it only plays on the center,front right, and sub. I looked into a Creative DTS-610 which turns the signal to digital, which the reciever is capable of recieving but I dont want to buy a new soundcard,more cables,and the $100 DTS-610. Is there anything I can do or is this gonna get pricey?

Thanks for any input or advice
    Brian :confused:

2. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

That would be correct. Unless the playback is for 5.1 channel, which majority of MP3's are not. Also you need to change the settings on your receiver to only play in Stereo when you playback music.

3. Lanfear

Lanfear Private First Class

If your receiver has the settings set it for multi channel stereo playback.... eg: my old yamaha receiver will do 6-channel stereo... it just mixes the sound between them all... but unless you somehow have come across a stash of 5.1 encoded mp3's... thats the best you'll get

other wise id go for airtunes.... airtunes makes me happy:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds