background colors (excel, calc, and new browsers)

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by standrews2001, Jan 7, 2007.

1. standrews2001

standrews2001 Private E-2

I have had a problems displaying background colors when using MS Excel or Open Source Calc. and the newest versions of IE or Firefox. (firefox 6.0 displays colors fine)
    I format the cells/row to have background colors but the colors do not display on my desktop.
    If I call up a spreadsheet that has been built on another PC it will not display background colors on my machine. If I transfer the spreadsheet from my PC to another PC, via FLASH, the colors will display correctly.

I thought the problem was my All in Wonder 9600XT so I changed it out with a nVIDIA 5200.
    The swap out did not fix the problem.

Additionally, I am still using older versions of IE and FireFox (6.0) because the newer versions do not display correctly.

Is this possibly a BIOS problem?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds