my mouse is zooming not scrolling

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Cmdr Chill, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Cmdr Chill

Cmdr Chill Private First Class

I did not even know that zoom was a feature of this Microsoft mouse. I have always used the wheel for scrolling. Today I went to scroll and the page zoomed in and out. I thought it was the page but it's doing it on every page and in every folder. I must have switched the function but i don't know how to switch it back. I want my scroll back. I don't like the zoom feature. Can anyone enlighten me? Thank you very much!

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Many mouses have a button built in to the scroll wheel. Perhaps you pushed down on the scroll wheel which 'flipped' it to zoom. Try pushing down on the scroll wheel for a second and see if it makes a difference. Also, you may have one of the CTRL keys stuck. I know if you hold CTRL while using the scroll wheel, it will zoom instead of scroll. It is possible to change the default behavior of the scroll wheel so somehow it may have been changed to not use CTRL for zooming and it has been set to zoom by default, and it may scroll by pressing CTRL. So look into that. I did some quick research, and it appears that there is a setting in the mouse software for 'universal access' that can be set for 'zoom on' or 'zoom off' and you may have it set to 'on'.

If none of this helps, post the exact name and model of the mouse, and maybe we can find out more about your problem.... good luck!

3. Cmdr Chill

Cmdr Chill Private First Class

Hi dlb! As usual MGs to the rescue! The control key was wedged down and as soon as I freed it the mouse returned to it's old behavior. I am eternally grateful. Cmdr Chill

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds