XP to Windows 7 migration, printer drivers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by KeepOnTruckin, Apr 7, 2014.

1. KeepOnTruckin

KeepOnTruckin Private E-2

I am having a heckuva time getting my HP 3015 multifunction to work on my new Windows 7 machine.

It printed for awhile, but the scanning drivers would not work. Now I can get nothing at all out of it and am unsure what drivers to download, as the original disk seems not to install--maybe 320bit v 64-bit issue???

Any ideas appreciated.

KoT

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

3. KeepOnTruckin

It is a 64 bit Windows 7 machine. Apparently HP never came up with scanner drivers for some of their Multi-Functions.

I was reading somewhere in their support area NOT to use any of their Universal Printing Drivers, but rather, another one which they had a link to, and then to do the scanning through Windows. Unfortunately, their support areas are so jumbled that I cannot now find it.

Now I can do nothing with the printer and am having trouble removing the bad/not properly installed drivers. I am disgusted and temporarily at a loss, and I need top print some stuff out....

4. KeepOnTruckin

I haven't got a clue anymore. Between doing drivers through Windows Update, and downloading them, Universals, 32-bit v 64-bit, LPT-1, etc., I am lost.

I guess 10 years on one machine was too long, Can someone point me in the right direction? Sorry for the vagueness of it all.....

5. KeepOnTruckin

I don't even know what port to choose anymore. I think I have totally screwed this thing up.

6. kench

kench Private First Class

7. KeepOnTruckin

Thanks. I finally got it going and have had to accept that HP no longer supports scanning for that printer from Windows 7. And Windows Scan and Fax doesn't scan to PDF. Thus, my IRIS scanning software will not work. I did find a 3rd party freebie (that I was able to install without all the extra tool bar nonsense) that works pretty well, and the IRIS OCR is still available.

As soon as the fairly new toner cartridge gives out, I will be upgrading....

KoT

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds