Toolbar - removing items

Discussion in 'Software' started by jdeh, Oct 5, 2004.

1. jdeh

jdeh Private First Class

Never have figured out how to remove software programs from the toolbar in the lower right hand corner of the desktop - startup stuff?? The 1C guy in the attachment is one I want to get rid of. How to??

Bo Bo Bolinski :p

Attached Files:

2. jdeh

jdeh Private First Class

That is REALLY curious/funny!! :) My post for Toolbar - removing items came before "look over this please" and the latter has 61 views with 12 replies while mine has 1 view and zero replies...go figure???

Should my title be more sexy like "Look over this please"????

Bo Bo :confused:

3. jarcher

jarcher I can't handle a title

thats your system tray
    if you want to close a program that is in the tray right click it
    and select the quit or close

4. jdeh

jdeh Private First Class

jarcher>>thanks for the reply. I would have done that but I have Win XP and when I right click on that toolbar item, this is what I see>>see attachment.

Thanks Bo Bo

Attached Files:

5. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Disable it from starting, is it a game program? Start, Run, Type msconfig, click on the Startup tab, scroll down, find the program and uncheck the box. Restart

Steve

6. jarcher

first I would open the task manager
    press
    ctrl>alt>del

find the program and end process

7. jdeh

jdeh Private First Class

metacumbie>>>doesn't show up in msconfig, already ck'd that, thanks!!

jarcher, suggestion to ctrl>alt>delete for task mgr only shuts it down for that session and actually it is not running..just showing up in the toolbar so that would not accomplish anything. Thanks!!

Bo Bo

8. jarcher

are you sure that there isnt more than one in the task manager
    one for user and one for system

if it keeps coming back every time you restart your computer it may also be in your startup folder(usually C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Start Menu\Programs\Startup)
    if not in the startup or services tab in msconfig

9. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Anything that looks like grouppk or Grouppk.com ?

Steve

10. jdeh

jdeh Private First Class

Matacumbie>>>found Grouppk in Progarm Files but could not uninstall or delete the folder. So i went into SAFE Mode and was able to delet the Program Files folder and rebooted and it is GONE!!!

Muchas Garcias Amigo...SAFE MODE RULES!!!

Bo BO :D

11. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Glad you got it my friend. :)

Steve

12. jdeh

jdeh Private First Class

Thanks Steve!! little victories like this can be very satisfying!! Know what I mean??

Bo Bo

13. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

I know what you mean, it's all about trying to help someone. Thank you.

Steve

14. jdeh

jdeh Private First Class

YES!!! so true...this website is totally awesome!! I think I'm going to cry!

Thanks again, Bo Bo :eek:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds