ZoneAlarmSecuritySuite trial expired, now what

Discussion in 'Software' started by tkjdnow, Apr 30, 2007.

1. tkjdnow

tkjdnow Private E-2

After a malware issue two weeks ago, I followed your advice and your link and downloaded ZoneAlarmSecurity Suite from "Author's Site"

It gave me a 15 day free trial, and your forum said that it would revert to the free version of the firewall at the end of the trial. Which was today. The only message I get is that the trial is over, and the only option on the message is buy now or remind me later. Remind me later says my pc is unprotected.

Windows security tells me I have no working firewall. I can't access ZA screens or anything from start menu or program files--I keep getting the expired message.

I then again followed your links which say Zone Alarm free from the forums and also from the main page sidebar, and the only option I find is the security suite, which, when I download and do a "clean install" goes through the process, then tells me my trial is over, and I'm back at the message with no options. The version is 70337000.

Ditto going directly to the ZA website. There is no option for free firewall that I can find.

I have turned the windows firewall back on.

Is ZA firewall no longer free? What do I do?? I am a novice, and often simple things escape me. I am running Windows XP home, AVG antivirus, and ZA SS worked great for the 15 day trial.

2. Wayne82

Wayne82 Sergeant Major

3. tkjdnow

tkjdnow Private E-2

Yes--I run SpySweeper, Adaware, and Spybot. I"m just worried about Zone Alarm, because I have read--but don't understand -- all the furor over the version 70337000 on their forums.

Your link sends me to the same site, and downloads the same set-up I have --4 times so far. On installing, I get the ZA SS trial expired message.

4. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

I believe you were told to download ZoneAlarm Pro, that is not the Security Suite, two different programs.

As of Pro 7.0.337.000 ZoneAlarm Pro, did revert back to ZoneAlarm Free after Trial period. It did on my pc, due to a glitch in the update from Zone. I have a paid license to Pro, but free worked fine.

Uninstall the Security Suite via the Control Panel, Add/Remove programs.

You can then download ZoneAlarm Pro or ZoneAlarm Free if you want or change firewalls.

Also you can enable your Windows XP firewall until you get a new firewall.

Note: there have been some reported glitches in the releases of Zone lately, most work fine, but some have had problems. I've had no problems since reinstall. MG's did not write the software and I can only give you info from personal use.

I am also assuming that you have XP-S2 Home. Software reacts differently on some pc's depending on other software installed, can have conflicts.

5. tkjdnow

tkjdnow Private E-2

OK---I have uninstalled ZA SSuite.

I downloaded the ZAPro, from a page I have never seen before in many searches--it is on the ZA website. When trying to install, I get this message:

Setup is unable to log on to the True Vector service. Install cannot continue without logging onto the TrueVector service.

Please use the service manager to shut down the TrueVector service, then restart the installer program.

I tried the same page and downloaded the installer for the ZA free, and got the same message.

I checked the Windows task manager for ZA or checkpoint processes running, and do not see any.

I did a windows search for TrueVector and nothing came up.

I went to ZA website forums, did a search and found a thread saying to go to Start>programs>zone labs. I have no such programs, since I uininstalled ZA.

6. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

You might, and this sucks, want to reinstall it, then uninstall it from safe mode. Vector service may be still on your machine accidentally during all of these installs\uninstalls.

7. Wayne82

Wayne82 Sergeant Major

Oh, sorry my advice didnt work.

When I installed Zone Alarm I had the option to test the Pro Version or use the Free Version. I chose the free one as from my previous experience I lost all my settings when the trial ran out.

I am sure the link I provided was however correct. I hope that the advice above from the other guys helps you solve your problem!

;)

8. MellowMan

MellowMan First Sergeant

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds