My F-40 : ITS FULL !

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by FED UP, Nov 10, 2011.

1. FED UP

FED UP MajorGeek

So yeah I got a Corsair F-40 SSD i guess it was early this year, and used it for my Win7 boot/os, with backup mechanicals 1tb and 500gb . It was great for a while, then after some time, OS gets bigger, files pile up, and the drive starts to get full. I have to spend too much time managing the amount of junk files and unnecessary crud on the F-40, until I decided it was too much work and yanked it, went back to just mechanicals . So now I've got this F-40 sitting around, I'd like to use the thing, so I suppose I can get parted magic or whatever proves to be most appealing and wipe it, then use it for something.
    BUT WHAT ?
    It's proven to be too small for my Win7 installation, and not worth the amount of time it takes to keep the data volume manageable. I already have 1&1/2tb of mechanical space, and I don't need pure space. Browser cache would probably be pretty hard on an SSD I would imagine, so I don't think that would be a good use for it ... ..
    Any ideas ?
    I only game casually, mostly I'm doing research on the internet, for fun, profit, and knowledge.
    WHAT CAN I DO WITH THIS THING ?

2. Goldenskull

Goldenskull I can't follow the rules

You could sell it to some body if you don't want it how could a TB hard drive be full lol You could format it and use it for Extra space

3. FED UP

FED UP MajorGeek

Nah I said my tb is NOT full, and I DON'T need pure space. I doubt if it's worth much to sell it to anyone .
    btw my bro is a pro photographer and has multiple TB externals full and catalogued .

4. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

I know what you mean Fed-up. I wiped my 40 and installed Ubuntu instead hooked up to my 2600K, even then, I've only got 6 gigs left with it basically only folding. I don't know why I even bought it as my machines run 24/7 so the fast boot-up wasn't very useful.:confused

5. FED UP

FED UP MajorGeek

Ow. Buyers remorse ? :(

6. augiedoggie

Ya, especially since I bought it 2 years ago at a premium price. I must've been drunk!:banghead

7. FED UP

FED UP MajorGeek

omg at least now I dont feel so bad :p

8. augiedoggie

I'm glad that perked you up. Misery loves company eh?;):-D

DavidGP has a pair raided too and loves them. What, 4 sec boot time?rolleyes IDK Where is the bloke anyways? I heard he was overworking and ill.:(

9. FED UP

FED UP MajorGeek

4 second boot time ? :rolleyes: I'm UNDERworking and ill .

10. unimatrix001

unimatrix001 Private E-2

If you use any programs that require a temp cache area use it for that. programs photoshop or autocad might work pretty good.

11. Goldenskull

Goldenskull I can't follow the rules

I read it wrong my bad

12. augiedoggie

I'm not sure, probably 8 secs or so, mine used to take 15 secs IIRC with W7 and minimal start ups. It's running Ubuntu ATM so that don't count eh? I hope David can come in soon to set the record straight. My memory sucks! Sorry.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds