Onboard sound not working.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Prophets21, Aug 9, 2005.

1. Prophets21

Prophets21 Staff Sergeant

I have a second computer, which is really my brothers PC but it consists of mainly my own parts.
    The motherboard (fujitsu-siemens D1945) came out of an old fujitsu-siemens scaleo 600 from www.comet.co.uk
    I have tried to get the sound working using the drivers and utilities CD that came with the computer originally but it will not work. I'm stumped. Any ideas? :)

2. Ruebarb

Ruebarb Private First Class

You have plugged the speakers in the right port on sound card? Is the device detected in the device manager in windows? Is mute off and wav sound enabled? Are the speakers on and plugged in?

3. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

4. Prophets21

To clarify. I can answer yes to all of the above. As I said, I'm rather confused as it all appears to be in working order. :)

5. Rikky

PLEASE READ THE ANNOUNCEMENT AGAIN and do as it says,we need all your specifications. :confused:

6. Prophets21

I am very sorry.... ;)

Windows XP SP1
    P4 2.4Ghz
    1G pc2700 RAM
    GeForce FX5200
    20GB IDE HDD
    CDR/W

That's all I can give you right now. Maybe more tomorrow if I look at the HDD on the PC, I don't know exactly what it is right now.

Please don't post in all caps it's patronising and it scares me. :)

7. Ruebarb

Ruebarb Private First Class

Have you looked for updated drivers?

8. Prophets21

No I haven't.

9. Prophets21

I am quite sure it is not because of a driver issue. It is not an IRQ conflict. It *could* be the speakers but they were working with the other mobo. :rolleyes:

10. Rikky

No problem :) ,I had to get your attention and it worked ;) ,Right onboard sound dont work,appears in device manager,drivers are installed,the device is working,volume is turned up in volume control,nothing is muted.

First I'd test the speakers in another audio device to make sure they are working,are the speakers plugged in to the ac?Do they hiss when you turn them up full?

what sound file are you using to test them,i use the free song in media player,then type in dxdiag in the run box,click the sound box and run the tests,next I would check the bios to make sure onboard sound is enabled,usually found in the menu integrated periphials.

:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds