Bizarre keyboard behaviour

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dblack337, Oct 16, 2009.

1. dblack337

dblack337 Private E-2

I don`t know if this is really a hardware problem but... Im having weird keyboard problems. Here are some different symptoms I`ve been having:
    1. French characters. When I push the slash keys, quote key, hard bracket keys etc. I get vowels with accents on them and stuff like that.
    2. I`ll be typing along and all of a sudden each letter key behaves as if I`m holding down the ctrl key. So hitting s will open a save dialog box. Things like that.
    3. Right now I`m getting some wrong characters with the non-letter buttons. The backslash key gives this <, the left square bracket key gives nothing, the right square bracket gives this ΒΈΒΈ, the quote key gives this `, when I press shift+2 (should give an at symbol) I get this " and on and on.

This is really bizarre and makes it a pain in the but to do a lot of simple stuff. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

2. pclover

pclover MajorGeek

Sound like Malware or a defective keyboard. Did you try another keyboard already?

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Have you looked in Control Panel in Keyboard then Input Locales to be sure the location at the top is the language you want?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds