PC Consoles ... Yay or Nay?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ~Pyrate~, Jul 12, 2004.

1. ~Pyrate~

~Pyrate~ MajorGeek

What does everyone think about PC Consoles? There are a few soon to be released and was wonderin' what peoples opinion of them are.

I personally don't like the idea, as everyone has seen their favorite PC game converted to a console or two, just to have it horribly botched and dumbified(ok ... that's not a word so sue me.) And I think if they do catch on we will be seeing more of this trend of catering to the lowest common denominator. I have even noticed that this has even happened with PC games in general. I remember PC gaming(well .. I had the Commodore 64, God rest its soul) in the 80s and have found that games were alot more challenging back then. And I hope this trend of PC games becoming more arcadelike slows, lord knows it's highly unlikely it will ever be reversed.

2. muskybob

muskybob Fish Tickler

Green print is hard to read on this color background. As for PC Consoles.........I'm unsure. But I do remember Commodore 64 back in the 70's.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds