Deleted Now Where

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by woodworker, Jan 13, 2007.

1. woodworker

woodworker Private E-2

I run a spam detector, it seems to pick up a lot of spam, what I would like to know is, when I empty the spam folder, delete e-mails, empty my recycle bin, does all that stuff still stay on the harddrive some where ,or is it gone like gone gone, I keep hearing these horror stories that once in the computor
    it stays there some where , if this seem like a dumb quistion so be it.

rolleyes The WoodWorker :wave

2. Sailor

Sailor First Sergeant

Actually when you delete a file it is not destroyed or something. Just Windows consider it to be free space and may overwrite that space of the hard drive by chance. If you want to overwrite files you delete the same moment use UltraShredder or Simple File Shredder. These programs overwrite the file location several times and make it impossible to recover. They don't send files to the recycle bin so watch what you delete with them.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds