Intel(R) 965 express chipset family

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by alpagio, Jul 6, 2008.

1. alpagio

alpagio Private E-2

How do I tell if my driver is GM965 or PM965. I go to device manager and it only says: Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family. I want to know how to upgrade my graphics thing. (i dont know if to call it a graphics card since its built into the laptops mother board). I downloaded a driver and i want to make sure it the right one,.. and i want to know how to check if i already have a driver before i start installing another one.

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Make and model of laptop?
    Usually the manufacturer's site is the best place to go if you want to see if there are any updated drivers.

3. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

I Agree, often you can google the serial No. on the base to determine the make and model otherwise DL and install this app (a must have in my book) and goto summary, you will get some detailed info on your make/model/chipset etc etc:

EVEREST Free Edition 2.20

Hope this helps.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds