CutePDF Passing 'Save In' & 'File Name'

Discussion in 'Software' started by Dhealey, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Dhealey

Dhealey Private E-2

I'm using CutePFD and want to sent, from an Excel Macro, the 'Save In' and 'File Name' to CutePDF so they end up as the defaults for the "SAVE AS" box. And, if I can do this successfully, by-pass the alert and simply write the PDF to a file without involving the operator. Can this be done?

2. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

Well, I haven't used CutePDF but I believe you must use it the same way as PrimoPDF or pdf995, both of which I am familiar with. I've looked at CutePDF's website and, clearly, the procedure for converting a file for PDF occurs by issuing a print command from your application and selecting CutePDF as the "printer".

Have you installed CutePDF? If so, it should appear as one of your "printers" if you open Control Panel, Printers and Faxes, or issue a print command and click to drop down list of your printers. So, you will "print" your Excel file to PDF, not "save" it as a PDF. But, the end result is that same; your file gets converted to PDF format.

I believe you could record an Excel macro to eliminate at least some key strokes within Excel. However, you still may have one or more prompts outside of Excel that you'll have to respond to. At least, that's what I've found via testing with pdf995.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds