Being online, I can not acces Internet Explore (From time to time)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Help-is-needed-quickly, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Hello there,
    Im having a few difficulties understanding why I can be perfectly online, using MSN, email-client, and other internet-based activities (meaning the connection is allright), but when it comes to using Win Internet Explorer, very often it just says something like Internet Exlorer cannot show the selected page.

This happens when trying to open anything from Google.com to Yahoo

I havent got a clue what it could be - maybe malware I dont know, but have run several tests and it seems to be ok..

Any surgestions to further presedure???

THX

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

I've moved your thread to software as that is more than likely the venue for this...

Have you tried a different browser (like FireFox) to see if that gives some clue as to the problem?

3. Havent tried Firefox, will do that. However on a longterm basis Im quite sure I would prefer Win. Int. Explorer.

Any other ideas?

4. TimW

You need to tell us if any other browsers work...to try to track down the problem.:)

5. hello again,
    I have tried to install and use FireFox, but the same problem occours. As mentioned it is not all the time that it is out of "order", but often.

MSN, and Outlook works fine in the background, however when opening up a browser window, it searhces/looks for the host. And comes up with" PAGE CANNOT BE SHOWN":... then when I have pushed REFRESH several times, including closed down the window, and reopend it, it works - sometimes ;-)

6. TimW

What is your setup? Dialup...dsl ..cable? Have you a router with other computers connected, and if so do they experience the same problem? Do you have toolbars and add-ons with these browsers?

7. I have DSL (15 mbps connection), and have a wireless router connected. I have two computers on the setup. One wirelessly, and the other wired. The wired one seems to be ok. I have tried to use the cable wih both computers and everything is in order. However wireslessly I bump into problems regularly. Have only tried with one of the computers, cause the other one doesnt have a wireless network card installed.

any ideas, `??

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds