Startup repair can not repair this computer automatically

Discussion in 'Software' started by paul70, Aug 4, 2010.

1. paul70

paul70 Corporal

My pc is knackered i think (os windows 7 ), when stating up it always goes to start up repair but now all i get is Startup repair can not repair this computer automatically , help please :cry

2. itmortiz

itmortiz Corporal

I had the same problem this morning, my girlfriend bad-shutdown the PC and i get that window, i let windows try to fix it and when he said "can't repair" i just restarted and it worked without problem.

You could also try to start in safe mode pressing F8 3 seconds before you turn on your PC.

3. motc7

motc7 Vice Admiral (Starfleet)

What about looking at the other options? Like a system restore? If you have a restore point, you could do that, though be sure to check the date. If it's ages ago, better off pulling your files to an external HD and reinstall.

4. paul70

paul70 Corporal

tried for a restore point and it said there were none so i just done a new reinstall of windows 7 and still getting the same :cry

5. itmortiz

itmortiz Corporal

Did you formated the disk or just installed over the files of the Windows 7.

Is better to do a fresh instalation and that includes format the disc, if you have files is better to get a backup of them.

Tell us if need help with that.

6. paul70

paul70 Corporal

i have wiped my pc with D Ban disk wipe , have reinstalled windows 7 and still getting Startup repair can not repair this computer automatically , could it be a HDD problem and if so how can you tell , thanks

7. paul70

paul70 Corporal

iam running on safemode just now and this is what windows said the problem is

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: d1
    BCP1: 00000000
    BCP2: 00000002
    BCP3: 00000000
    BCP4: 8DD5A9B0
    OS Version: 6_1_7600
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
    C:\Windows\Minidump\080810-21953-01.dmp
    C:\Users\N377\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-49500-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
    C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

it s blue screen , so can anybody help please , thanks

8. paul70

paul70 Corporal

has anybody any answers to this problem , thanks

9. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

10. paul70

paul70 Corporal

11. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

You wiped the hard drive with DBAN. After that, what did you use to install windows 7?

12. paul70

paul70 Corporal

this must be a trick question :-D, I used the windows 7 disc unless you can install the OP some other way that i don't no about

13. chinax_pac

chinax_pac Private E-2

Try repair the os using either a windows7 or vista cd , Its quite simple and it would repair all damages ur windows had encountered, sure this would do.

14. paul70

paul70 Corporal

i have done that with no joy , it looks like an audio problem which is giving me blue screen, it looks like ther alcxsens.sys which is dated in 2003. ALCXSENS.SYS is Service for WDM 3D Audio Driver. i have attached my pc specs

iam hope less finding updates for drivers etc , if anybody could help me that would be great thanks

Attached Files:

15. chinax_pac

chinax_pac Private E-2

Did You install the drivers after formatting then started getting this error message?

16. paul70

paul70 Corporal

yes , i thought if you did a fresh OS install everything would be alright

17. chinax_pac

chinax_pac Private E-2

May be u should check the source of yur driver especially if u installing from a flash drive, do a thorough virus scan with a good and updated antivirus from another computer . Make sure you are installing the right drivers in the appropriate order ,Besides be what service pack are u using and where is the source, think of another XP Cd for fresh install. GOOD LUCK

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds