WRT54G Configuration Pages not showing correctly

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Native, May 14, 2011.

1. Native

Native Private E-2

hey guys, I have a problem

I have a WRT54g v8.0 router that I've had for about 4 years, The wireless works fine. If I connect it to a modem, I have internet, It's signal is strong and it's speed hasn't changed since I've bought it. it's a tough peice of hardware but I have trouble getting the router's configuration pages to load. Here's what happens

It asks me to login through the dialog box
    the page doesn't load (192.168.1.1)
    but some pages load partially, as though they're degraded
    example 1
    example 2
    while the other pages do not load at all

I've tried upgrading the firmware through lynksys-tftp, and doing a 30-30-30 reset as well as a normal reset and the manual's reset and so far nothing works. anybody got a solution?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

That's a new issue on me and not seen that happen with a routers menu, but only thing I can think of at present is what browser are you using to connect to the routers config menu?

Try a different one and IE should be ok with all, but if you are using IE9 then click the compatibility icon in the address bar (looks like a piece of paper ripped in half) and it should clear up the page.

3. Native

Native Private E-2

yes I forgot to mention that I've tried to access the page with several different computers and browsers (chrome,ie,firefox)

4. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

I did some cruising through the Linksys support forum and could only see where upgrading the firmware was the main solution except in 1 case where the poster disabled/deactivated his Comodo firewall.
    Have you tried rebooting into Safe Mode with Networking? Does that make a difference?
    An option, although extreme, would be to try to flash to DD-WRT firmware and revert back to Linksys firmware if you do not want to use DD-WRT. (Your router is supported by DD-WRT. http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-database )

5. Native

Native Private E-2

I Tried that through TFTP but I can't seem to get it to connect to my router even though it is connected through ethernet with a static IP and it pingsa correctly. I'll try TFTP with a different comp as I havnt done that yet.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds