Adobe Flash Player 11 upgrade...

Discussion in 'Software' started by pdexter46, Oct 7, 2011.

1. pdexter46

pdexter46 Private E-2

I did not see an answer to my question and I am new to this so p[lease be patient with me.
    I upgraded to Adobe Flash Player 11 after constant promts to do so. I was running IE 9. U-Tube kept saying that I had to install the latest version of Flash Player which I had. So as we all know it doesn't work.
    I uninstalled IE9 through the software updates file, after removing Flash Player with add/remove and a link to remove any any fragments so no more FP. After a reboot I removed IE8, rebooted and was left running IE 7 Enterprise. I then installed Flash Player 11 and U-Tube works fine. I'm still getting notices to upgrade the Flash PLayer.
    Questions;
    How do I stop the Flash Player update messages?
    Can I now go back to IE9 which has great features, and expect the latest downloaded Flash Player 11 to work with IE9?

Thank you in advance,

Pieter (pdexter46)

2. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

Hi and welcome to MG's,

I too also had an issue with flashplayer that I resolved by follow the steps in this thread here.... http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=245214 .... I got it working again though it is still at 10. something!! I think that the new update for the player (11) is a bit glitchy in IE9 :( . I don't think that I'll be updating flash in a hurry untill I get good reports back :-D, I don't want to go through that again!!!

Good Luck!!! ;)

3. Anon-9aee479f8f

Anon-9aee479f8f Anonymized

pdexter46 I have Win 7 64-bit and IE-9 and had problems but using the information in the links on this thread http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=245214 got it fixed.
    I reset Internet Options & Active X settings to medium. Did the uninstall in the link listed in the thread.
    I cleaned with CCleaner not sure that was necessary but did it anyway.
    Rebooted computer. Then reinstalled Flash Player 11 in 32-bit.

It works fine for me now. Follow all the steps mentioned in the thread.
    Good luck!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2011

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds