There must be an easier way to look at pictures!

Discussion in 'Software' started by frybo30, Dec 8, 2007.

1. frybo30

frybo30 Master Sergeant

Please tell me that I'm just woefully uninformed and that there is an easier way to look at pictures in my email than the way I do it. Here's what I do: I open the email and see the paper clip indicating an attachment. I click the clip and find there are several attachments. I click the first attachment and the photo shows up nice and viewable. After looking at it, I close the window with the "X" and the email window comes back. I click the paper clip again and the list of attachments shows up. I click the second attachment on the list and the photo shows up. After looking at it, I close the window----and do this over and over until I have seen all the pictures. Please help me.

2. frybo30

frybo30 Master Sergeant

I'm using OE and the one option I have is to Save Attachments. After receiving your reply, I did that, saving to my Desktop. Each pic showed up as a separate icon. I clicked the first icon and got Windows Pix and Fax Viewer. After looking at that pic, I clicked the Next Picture button and sure enough, the next picture showed up. Is this what you had in mind? If it is, thanks a whole lot for your help; if not, thanks a whole lot for trying!

3. frybo30

frybo30 Master Sergeant

No, I don't find that "inline" option. So I'll have another look at Thunderbird. It's been a while since I first checked it out. I won't get to it for some time, so you won't be hearing quickly how it went. Thanks again.

4. frybo30

frybo30 Master Sergeant

I downloaded and installed Thunderbird 9.0.1 and things imported fine. When I opened that email I had written about, there was no paper clip or any other notice of any attachments. All I saw was part of the way-too-big picture at the bottom of the message. When I clicked the Restore Down button in the top-right of the window, I got a much-smaller window with icons of the four pictures at the bottom. But I still had to open-and-close each of the pictures in turn to view them. There was no list of attachments anywhere I could see on either the maximized screen or the smaller screen.

5. frybo30

frybo30 Master Sergeant

Well, I'm afraid I have a huge apology to make for taking up your time. When I set out to do what you suggested, I found that the Display Attachments Inline already was ticked. And then it hit me. The attachments already were showing "inline" on both my OE and Thunderbird. It's the attachments themselves that are the problem. For some reason, they are too big--apparently from something the sender has done. I failed to make my situation clear, I guess. Please accept my apology and my thanks for all the time and effort you spent trying to help me. And, yes, it's Thunderbird 2.0.0.9 that I downloaded, not 2.0.

6. frybo30

frybo30 Master Sergeant

I have the scroll bars, too, but the pix are so big that I can see only a small portion of each at one time. No way to tell what they are showing. Thanks again and best wishes.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds