monitor lines

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by budsrcool2003, Oct 26, 2005.

1. budsrcool2003

budsrcool2003 Private E-2

Im having trouble with lines at the top of my monitor. If i move one of the cables on the back of the monitor the lines go away. Seems to be something lose behind the cord inside the monitor.? Is this an easy fix or should i consider buying a new monitor? thx people.

2. AirBot

AirBot Private E-2

Sounds like a loose connection. First thing to do would be to make sure the monitor cord (I assume this is what you are moving?) is securely connected.

If that doesn't work, disconnect the cord from the PC end (you shouldn't, as far as I'm aware, be able to disconnect it on the monitor side. If you are there's something terribly wrong ;)) and check that there are no bent pins or anything of that sort.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds