Looking for feedback about IE 7

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Hudson's Pops, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Hudson's Pops

Hudson's Pops Private E-2

:) Dear folks,

I am wanting to know more about IE7 before I install on my machine.

Apparently there has been many pros and cons, depending on who you talk to. I will be glad to hear your experiences or opinions.

I also would like to know some links to various articles, websites, or knowledgeable people to find out how they feel.

Thanks for the help!

Hudson's Pops

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Garbage. Ill take Firefox over it.

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Works ok for me, no issues on install or use, kinda like it over IE6, it has some new functions, the new layout in no menu bar some do not like but you can always restore the old menus to the browser, its a 50/50 now with IE7 and Opera for me as i'm not too impressed with Firefox, altho I do need to give Firefox 2.0 a full workout, to judge this version.

4. Hudson's Pops

Thank you two for the replies.

It is interesting to note that I received one negative and one positive response about IE7.

I'm wondering Major Attitude, if you feel IE7 will be progressively improved by MS as time goes by. I also am a fan of Firefox, and use it frequently. I will probably make it my default browser.

Thanks,

Hudson's Pops

5. bxdobs

bxdobs Private E-2

Installed it tried it for a week and went back to IE6 ... I didn't like; the size and where the back button is (appears to be fixed) ... new icons (at least XP gave us an option to use classic views) ... glitzy controls (older machines need all the horsepower to do work not for doing stupid Graphic gimics)

6. seniorfrito

seniorfrito Private E-2

Yeah I really disliked it. Was much different than what I was used to with IE6. Basically I hated the new format. Also when I installed it, and when I clicked on certain links in google searches, it would take me to these weird German sites of some kind. I have no idea. Don't know if that's just some spyware or what, but I don't think it's happening now that I switched back to IE6. I recommend either sticking with IE6 or going with Firefox.

7. Hudson's Pops

Thanks again for the replies, folks.

I think I'll wait awhile, (or longer) before trying it out.

And I want to check back to see about new replies.

Thanks to everyone again!

Hudson's Pops

8. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

I feel it is slow and bothersome. Buttons are uncomfortable, add-on and all features are too little too late. Of course, I remember when Netscape was the bomb and IE blew right past them so the future of browsers is up in the air. Seeing built in password management, tabbed browsing, security features all done well with a wealth of add-ons will make the best browser.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds