nVidia Pulls 2.41 & 2.42 nForce Drivers

Discussion in 'Software' started by Major Attitude, May 24, 2003.

1. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

2. Sgt. Lugnut

Sgt. Lugnut Private E-2

Did NVIDIA say why they pulled the drivers?

3. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

I am not aware for sur as I have not used my nForce board in months, but I heard the IDE driver was buggy, least thats the complaint I am hearing most.

4. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

5. Sgt. Lugnut

Sgt. Lugnut Private E-2

Hmmm, I haven't seen this problem with the Leadtek nForce2 motherboards that I support. Maybe I've just been luck (or it's waiting for just the right time to bite me on the butt...).

6. Sgt. Lugnut

Sgt. Lugnut Private E-2

That benchmark cheat was for the benefit of nVidia's new GeForceFX 5900; I don't see how it could have affected the nForce2 chipset. One version of chipset has no built-in video, and another version has the equivalent of a GeForce4 420 MX built in. I doubt that it could have used the FX cheat. A problem with the IDE driver is a more likely culprit.

Give a person a fish, and you feed them for a day. Teach that person to use the Internet, and they won't bother you for weeks.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds