hey ther....need help on this Geeks

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by asher_friends, Aug 30, 2006.

1. asher_friends

asher_friends Private First Class

hey guys,i am a newbee to this website...and i am impressed by u ppl..

hey guys,,i have a problem with my computer,whenever i want to play any game cd with autorun function,it doesnt play....instead it shows an error
    For NFS-underground 2 game it shows...:
    "Speed.exe has encountered a problem,and needs to close immediately.We are sorry for the inconvience...":(:confused:

2. yank101

yank101 Private First Class

something may have changed in windows. if you are useing XP then go to windows update, there may be a supported hotfix download that you are now ,,,, for whatever microsoft has changed, done, who knows or why !?!?!?
    [the auto run is under propirtys ' right click on cd drive]

3. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

DOes this happen with all CDs or just this one.?

It sounds more like an error with NFS, IF it is just this one game you might try uninstalling it and reinstalling it but you may lose your gamesave data, It may also be possible to back up the gamesave data before trying it.

4. asher_friends

well....it also shows an error for other games which needs cd to be inserted...:mad:...
    i have also tried for recoil game too....that too shows the same error:confused::(

5. asher_friends

well....it also shows an error for other games which needs cd to be inserted...i have uninstalled and installed the games showing this error ..but its all in vain:mad:...
    i have also tried for recoil game too....that too shows the same error:confused::(

6. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

What happens if you autoplay a Non-Game CD ? Like a music CD or a software CD. I am wondering if its something to do with the Action that has been applied to the autorun of that type of CD.

7. asher_friends

it works fine for other cds...except for these game cds.....:confused::(

8. asher_friends

now a new problem is creeping in my computer..please help....whenever i open any window and try to close it...it shows an error
    "Internet Explorer has caused an error and needs to close immediately,We are sorry for the inconvience"...
    Will the geeks:eek: Please help me on this...Please:mad:

9. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Asher ....please post in the software section ...more will see it there and hopefully provide assistance.:) :)

10. asher_friends

oh..thanks Tim:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds