Framerate issue in Battlefield 2142

Discussion in 'Software' started by Dashakan, Oct 30, 2006.

1. Dashakan

Dashakan Private E-2

First off, my computer is as follow:

Gigabyte 7nnxp
    AMD Athlon 3000+ (2.16 GHz)
    ATI Radeon X1600 Pro
    2 GB PC2700 DDR SDRAM

It seems to me (and perhaps I am mistaken) that on this system, I should be able to play Battlefield 2142 fine on the medium settings with decent (30+) fps. However, I am dropping very frequently, basically in any fight, into the teens for FPS, and sometimes below 10.

My settings in BF2142 are all set on the lowest, with the exception of the view distance which is at 100%. Also, the settings in the ATI CCC are all on Performance with V-Sync set to always off. Can anybody suggest anything that might be of help to me?

I appreciate it in advance.

2. akhilles

akhilles First Sergeant

I think BF is a pretty demanding game. Like FEAR & Oblivion.

I think you should drop the view distance to 50% & resolution to minimal. Your ram is enough. The video is lacking.

3. Dashakan

Dashakan Private E-2

The resolution is minimal, 800x600. Sorry I forgot to mention that.

I don't think the view distance is a problem, as I have bad frames even looking at a wall. Unless BF2142 is one of those games that renders things that aren't on screen.

Anyways I'll give it a shot.

And do you really think the video is lacking? I had a 9700pro and just bought this one a months ago. It is an intermidiate thing, as sometime around next summer I am planning on a totally new computer. Also, on that note do you have a reccomendation for a better AGP video card that might help me out? As I may be able to get a refund on this one.

4. akhilles

akhilles First Sergeant

The best last-gen agp video is ati x850xtpe. Doesn't have to be new. Just working.

Oh x1600 is a mid-end card. Try disabling shadows as well.

If you want, I can recommend gaming pc parts. Need to know your budget.

5. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

with my 6800XTreme i can run it at max (aside from textures which are at medium) with 2x AA with great framerates. ive only got a gig of ram too so i dont think its the vid card thats the problem. Possibly the processor? I can almost guarantee that its not the video card. possibly an underpowered PSU as well

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds