linux question

Discussion in 'Software' started by hawklord, Nov 2, 2006.

1. hawklord

hawklord Master Sergeant

hi all,
    i have done a direct download of kororaa and burned it to cd, when i put the cd back in my drive nothing happens, if i open my 'd' drive - nero opens up and asks me do i want to burn this file,
    does anyone know where i have gone wrong,
    ta

2. GaryG

GaryG Private First Class

Can I assume that you downloaded the "live CD" version???

3. erikske

erikske Sergeant

You have to boot from the CD. Nothing will happen when you insert it while windows is running (bootable cd's may appear empty in explorer).

4. hawklord

hawklord Master Sergeant

hi,
    i think i know where i went wrong, i burned the file i downloaded from kororaa, i didnt open it first and then burn - is this right

5. GaryG

GaryG Private First Class

KORORAA comes in two flavors. What you need to do with the data you downloaded depends on WHICH one you downloaded. First, is what they call the "mainstream" version. Next is the "live cd" version. If you downloaded the "mainstream" version, best you download the documentation and read it before doing anything else.

If you downloaded the "live cd" version, It is MUCH easier to work with. If you do have the "live cd" version, what you downloaded was an .iso file. Use the nero option to "burn an image file" this is important - you MUST burn an image.

Just burning the file to the cd will not work.

Also make sure that your bios is set up to boot from CD.

6. souther32

souther32 Private E-2

7. Shadow_Puter_Dude

Shadow_Puter_Dude MG Authorized Malware Fighter

You downloaded and ISO Image File. You don't burn this file directly to a CD/DVD as it will do nothing when you try to boot from the CD/DVD. As you have found out.

You want to create a Bootable CD/DVD from the ISO image. How you do this depends on the CD/DVD creation software you use. Look for a menu option the looks similar to: "Create a CD from Image" or "Burn an image". Make sure you burn "Disc at once" and not "Track at once". If you burn as "Track at once" the Linux CD/DVD will not be created properly.

8. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

You could also use DeepBurner to burn the ISO file.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds