Why does Microsoft Money start showing a install file on almost everything I use...

Discussion in 'Software' started by cincinnaticj7, Dec 24, 2006.

1. cincinnaticj7

cincinnaticj7 Private E-2

Everytime I open a file, example- Internet Explorer or My computer... a Microsft install status bar comes across the screen trying to install Microsoft money. Is there a reason for this? Can it be stopped? Should I just delete the Microsoft Money that I never use that is already installed? Any ideas...this seems odd to me.
    Thanks,
    Cincinnaticj7

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Uninstall MS Money, its corrupt, and messing with your windows installer service.

3. COMPUABLE

COMPUABLE First Sergeant

>> Should I just delete the Microsoft Money that I never use that is already installed? Any ideas...this seems odd to me. Thanks, Cincinnaticj7 <<

If, by saying "delete" you actually mean "uninstall" then YES you should definitely uninstall if it is causing you problems. As MG forum member Adrynalyne suggested; MS Money is more than likely corrupted somehow and messing with your windows installer service. Since you never use it anyway - uninstalling is a viable option.

VERY Important Side Note: NEVER simply "delete" any program which has been previously "installed" onto your system. It is almost always preferable to "uninstall properly" via Add/Remove or use the "uninstall file" which is included with the program when programs which were previously fully installed need to be removed later on.

Simply "deleting" any installed program (as well as the entire contents of that particular program's installation folder) can cause all kinds of problems after doing so. For instance uninstalling improperly can cause all sorts of problems with the registry. And in some instances; doing so can also negatively affect other "seemingly unrelated" programs and otherwise wreak havoc on your system after an improper uninstallation. This is particularly true when removing any previously installed Microsoft programs.

Good Luck!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds