for you graphic artists out there

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Shadowchaser, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Shadowchaser

Shadowchaser A Really Great Guy

Been asked to do some side work in Graphics Arts. I'm designing some logos for company shirts and have no idea what to charge for this type of work. Do you charge by the hour or by the piece? What is a "fair" charge for either type of system? Please advise..

Jack

2. Calltaker

Calltaker MajorGeek

Trry checking the Dept of Labor's site (www.dol.gov I think) and see if you can find a listing for graphic artist on there. They should give a median earning, then ou can figure it from there.

Am posting form work, or I would have dropped a bunch more info on here for you. A little more restricted on how much i can search when I am not sitting at my desk or at home.

If there is still no more on here when I get home, i will see what i can find and post it for you.

~C

3. Calltaker

Calltaker MajorGeek

OK.... Linkage time...

http://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes271014.htm

Right to the arts and such money. Actually, this was listed as multi-media art and animators, but considering taht you are designing art to go on stuff, that would technically be multi media.

Hope this helps give you an idea where to start. Maybe use to hourly with an idea of the hours needed and you can have a ballpark number to use.

~C

4. Calltaker

Calltaker MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds