About: Files31c2x.drv

Discussion in 'Software' started by wannaBgeek, Jan 3, 2003.

1. wannaBgeek

wannaBgeek Private E-2

After running DirectX Diagnostic Tool:
    Display Tab:
    Above mentioned file,described ,as not digitally signed.
    (not tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quility Labs)
    said: (signed driver) to be obtained from manufacturer of hardware device.
    They are:http://www.s3graphics.com
    :eek: could'nt find it. Servers would'nt even allow downloading any file on given list.
    Please enlighten me
    :(

2. wannaBgeek

wannaBgeek Private E-2

One side of the coin says "Silence is golden"
    Other side says "Dont hold your breath"

3. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

it just meanst that the driver file was not certfied by windows hardware quality labs. WHQL certified means that MS tested it and confirms that it is indeed compatible with windows and follows the proper guidlines.
    Don't sweat it. ;)

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

First of all Welcome to MajorGeeks!

Now to the nitty gritty...... is you S3 graphic card giving you problems with the driver installed?

What OS are you using?

The drivers really dont need to be WHQLed to work properly all WHQL means is that MS LABS have tested them with the OS and it passed their tests OK!

finally I just been to S3 download site and is will let me DL ok I take it you are going to https://ranger.s3graphics.com/ and using the User Name : archive Password : archive

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds