Outlook Express 6

Discussion in 'Software' started by eyore298, Jan 4, 2003.

1. eyore298

eyore298 Private E-2

I am running Windows ME, Norton Anti-virus, this works excellent. I went to update Windows and it had a critical update for Microsoft Outlook Express 6. It was an antivirus, I updated to this anti-virus software. I had attachments that were virus free in my OE inbox. Now I can't open new or old attachments because they are all viruses according to OE6 but the odd part about it is that Norton catches a virus before OE6 gets to it. Whatever I send out through OE6 is also considered a virus. I would like to delete this new virus program but can't figure out how. I uninstalled the program, deleted it manually, reinstalled OE6 and the antivirus is still there! Any answers???
    :confused: :mad:

2. FlyingPenguin

FlyingPenguin Private E-2

The latest version of IE6 has a feature in Outlook Express that prevents you from opening or saving any attachment that could POTENTIALLY be a virus (you can still see picture attachements in the message).

You can disable this feature (and yes, since you're running NAV that will catch any viruses in attachements as long as you keep it up to date).

In OE bring down the Tools Menu and select Options. Click on the Security tab and uncheck the box next to "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus."

Hope this helps...

Last edited: Jan 4, 2003
  3. eyore298

eyore298 Private E-2

Thanks......you are absolutely correct! :D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds