Where the heck did the sound go?

Discussion in 'Software' started by tazz, Jan 5, 2003.

1. tazz

tazz Private E-2

Geez, I'm just full of the dumb ones today!!
    I have no sound and I just can't figure it out. When my kids play their games off of their cd's, they have sound. However, I don't have any on here. No "bings" when someone messages me, no shuffle of the cards, no bongs no nothing.
    I checked my volume control and it's way up, nothing is on mute, but I know that I'm missing something.
    You would think that there would be no sound all across, but it really made me wonder when the kids can play their games and all I hear is "Blue Clues". Woo hoo.
    Help!!!

2. LORD_LSD

LORD_LSD Private E-2

This might be an idiotic question, but is you sound system on/rigged to a separate system that has multiple sources & the right one is selected? This actually happened to me once & it took 2 hours to figure out the problem. My GF listened to some CD & i didn't know about it, so i didn't know that my sound source selector was on CD instead of PC.

3. tazz

tazz Private E-2

Huh?

I don't know how many times I read that, I think I need it said in English now. (that blonde thing again)

Nothing is hooked up to this stereo wise or anything and yes the speakers are turned on. (had to check)

4. LORD_LSD

LORD_LSD Private E-2

Lets try this again then.
    1)Do you have an external sound system you connect your computer to?
    2)If yes, is it a home stereo system?
    3)If it is, it should have a selector for different devices connected to it (cd player, cassette deck, radio, whatever), is the selector in the position where PC sounds are (like ext. or line, or something)?
    4)Why not ask your kids? (i can guess, but still)
    5)If you have headphones (anykind with a 3.5mm plug) hook them into your soundcard and see if there is any sound or if the problem is somewhere else.

Was that english enough for you?

5. SwatShark

SwatShark Captain Cuffs

LOL ;)

6. LORD_LSD

LORD_LSD Private E-2

Yeah... sigh.

7. tazz

tazz Private E-2

Okay, when I plug in the headphones the sound comes out of my speakers.?.? I know I'm missing something, but it's also missing me!!

Like I said, nothing else is hooked up to it. The kids wouldn't know, they are only 7.

Was that english enough for you?
    Can't get much more English than that!!

(thanks)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds