music DL slows after DSL

Discussion in 'Software' started by cybertron1000, Jan 5, 2003.

1. cybertron1000

cybertron1000 Private E-2

I have been using Kazza and winmx. They worked good with dial up, but now they take even longer. 35min for a song??? I got bell south DSL(1500/256). I get 1200/215 so you would think they would download in 25 to20sec??? Does any body know how to fix this???:)

2. SwatShark

SwatShark Captain Cuffs

Well, check your settings in your P2P programs. I doubt that is your problem though. Remember, you have a max speed that you can download at and that speed is further limited by the source of the file you are downloading from. In other words, you are only as fast as the server you are downloading from. If you are in doubt about your settings the remove, then re-intsall your TCP/IP settings. Don't mess with internet speed up tools because they don't work.

3. SwatShark

SwatShark Captain Cuffs

Try removing then re-installing your TCP/IP settings. This ensures they are at their defaults which are most likely the most effiecient settings for you DSL setup. You are only as fast as the server you are connected to, so downloads vary. Internet speed up tools don't work either.

4. SwatShark

SwatShark Captain Cuffs

WTF??????

5. LORD_LSD

LORD_LSD Private E-2

SwatShark :

Well, actually internet speed-up tools work, they just have to be the right tools, and that means manual configuration & a lot of knowledge.

cybertron1000:

I don't use spyware/trojans like Kazaa, but in general P2P networks work like this: 1 uploads x bytes-1downloads x bytes.
    So if you got 3 kb down & 1 up with your dial, it was the max you could transfer. If you get 1kb down & 16 up, it's still the max YOU can transfer - but your DL is dependant on how fast others can UPLOAD ie. transfer. You get it?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds