anyone heard of Backdoor.ego?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Deb, Jan 6, 2003.

1. Deb

Deb Private E-2

I have two files infected with backdoor.ego and can't find anywhere that will tell me how to remove it. Symantec didn't even have it listed yet. HHHHHHEEEEEEELLLLPPPPP!!!!!!

2. Thunder

Thunder Private E-2

3. Deb

Deb Private E-2

Reply to Thunder

This virus BKDR_EGO.A only works with Windows 9x. I don't think I have that one. How do I check? Also, the virus protection states the files infected are rasmngr.exe and URLMngr.exe. Does it seem like this fix will work?

4. Thunder

Thunder Private E-2

They're the same trojan just different names. If the instructions on that site don't help try this little program.
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/article.php?sid=1666&cat=29
    I don't believe rasmngr.exe or URLMngr.exe are Winnt files. What Anti Virus are you using now?

5. Deb

Deb Private E-2

thanks for the help

What is winnt? As for my antivirus now, I have my Norton Anti-virus back and the zonealarm (free download) and I also installed the Gladiator scanner (freeware). An interesting thing, Gladiator detected both the Backdoor.Ego virus and the Yaha.K worm while the trendmicro anti virus scanner only detected the Yaha.K. I see the value in multiple scanners. Which ones do you use?

6. Thunder

Thunder Private E-2

Winnt aka Windows 2000/XP. Sounds like you have enough stuff running there to scare any virus to death.;) One good one is enough if you keep it running and up to date. I use Norton, it's squashed dozens of bugs for me. EGO is an old virus, at least a couple years old, if you have Norton it should find it and give you an option to repair or delete them. I would think just about any up to date AV would find it unless Gladiator is giving you a false alarm.
    I have to recommend against multiple scanners as they often fight against each other.

7. Vampirefo

Vampirefo Private E-2

This Trojan came out two years ago, and only effects W98 class, your scanner is giving you a false positive, GAV is an Alpha scanner, not yet beta, so it will give you false positives.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds