Hour glass keeps flashing on and off

Discussion in 'Software' started by Spookie71, Feb 3, 2007.

1. Spookie71

Spookie71 Private E-2

Hello

I have tried Reformatting my two hard drives and running about 6 different adaware programs the first time I got this issue. It seemed to go away at one point. Now it's back, the hour glass on my screen keeps flashing on and off even with no programs running. The other thing that seems to happen is the auto play screen appears in the upper left corner of my screen. Not very often though. I am gonna run some more scans to see if I can find something. I'm wondering though, I added 512megs of RAM to my system, could that be doing it?

Thanks
    Scott

2. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Welcome to MajorGeeks :)
    try removing the stick of RAM to see if it goes away. If it does, you found your answer.

3. Spookie71

Spookie71 Private E-2

Hi

I removed my stick of RAM and the problem still exists after a Hard Reset. Any idea how I can figure this out?

Here is what I have running with process explorer
    I ran avg spyware and these are the results.

I have removed the backdoor virus's and done a complete reset and it didn't solve the issue.

Any Suggestions?

4. Spookie71

Spookie71 Private E-2

Does anyone know how I can format both my harddrives with partition magic and also wipe out the main boot record. Would that wipe out any virus that I have? Or is there somewhere else it could hide?

Thx
    Scott

5. Spookie71

Spookie71 Private E-2

I think I found it.

I ran the program Spyware Doctor and got this log file. During which the issue with my hour glass seems to have disappeared. Here is my Logfile

Can someone please explain what it was and how it managed to stick around after a format reinstall????

I don't have the Registered version of Spyware Doctor is there a way this problem can return to my system??

Thanks
    Scott

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds