file contain-- not folders, nor sub- folders

Discussion in 'Software' started by jazzmine54868, Feb 9, 2007.

1. jazzmine54868

jazzmine54868 Private E-2

im looking for something that i can put a group of files in. Not a sub folder in a folder type of thing. I have some files in a breif case, but that is for pc to another pc. I would something like a brief case or alike for one computer.

can someone please help me with this

thank you

:)

2. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

You could burn them to CD/DVD
    You could put them on a USB stick
    You could put them on a floppy disk
    You could put them on another hard drive

Why is it that a folder won't suffice?|

A folder fits this description perfectly!

3. jewlzs

jewlzs Corporal

The briefcase file is a file folder only it comes with functions to be shared from computor to computer specifically relative to the originators profile.

To designate a folder for specific files click on my computer click add new click folder rename that folder drag and drop or simply save files you want located in that folder and if you right click on the folder you can create a shortcut to your desktop. As with other folders in your file directory this folder can not be accessed from another computer like your breifcase unless you set it up to be accessed and you can also set it up with a password if you want.

4. jazzmine54868

Hi Mada Milte

i have about 45 folders, on my desk top and im just trying to get it more organized. A brief case type of item would really be a good idea. but it only works for pc to pc. didnt there used to be an item called a brief case that you could use for pcs before?

thank you

jazzmine54868

5. jazzmine54868

i would still want them accessable on my desk top, but into a few containers, not 45 folders as i have now.

6. jewlzs

jewlzs Corporal

Here is the easy way:

right click on your desk top click new then click folder and simply drag and drop your multiple desktop files into the new desktop folder(s).

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds