I'm throwing it open

Discussion in 'Software' started by studiot, Feb 17, 2007.

1. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

I'm throwing it open for the bright sparks;

I have a c00021a stop error in a P3 550 running Windows XP pro on bootup. The error shuts the OS down during the black screen between the initial windows logo and the welcome logon screen and switches to the blue screen stop error.
    This happens on all F8 boot options including to command prompt and last known good.
    I can run the hardware fine from a bootable CD or Floppy so I know nothing is amiss there.
    Unfortunately there is no COA label on the side and I can't read the windows key without booting into windows, so I can't try a repair install.

I have replaced the registry right the way back (in steps) to what I take to be the original install registry That is the five .sav files software, security, SAM, default and system. But the STOP still hits.

The last three entries in the bootlog were (successful) loaded Fips.sys, Fastfat.sys and CDFS.sys

The last action, about 24 hours before failure, was to load Kaspersky, apparantly successfully at the time.

Suggestions welcome

Studio T

2. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

Is this the error?

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
    The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000034 (0x00000000 0x0000000)
    The system has been shutdown.

If so, you can look here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/156669/?sd=RMVP

3. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

Thanks, Cat
    The instructions are slightly different from those in my Resource Kit Manual for this error, but mostly inaccesible because I can't start windows. Nevertheless I have filed them for future reference.

I have been working on the disk as a slave to a win2K system and have realised that it is formatted as FAT32. I have just resized the failing XP partition to make room for a second copy of XP to work from there.

I will post progress.

Studio T

4. Cat_w_9_lives

Cat_w_9_lives Major KittyCat

Your Welcome Studio,

Sorry I can't be more help, someone will come n see what I'm up to and that might get you more help. Next time try posting your error msg as title, its a nice geeky error n they will jump on it :)

Peg

5. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

Well I got the pc going again with a repair install,using a new cd key, but keeping the old wpa.dbl file. Re-Activation was not demanded this way.

Thanks for all the suggestions,

BTW cat the status code in my error wa 0xC000026c etc not 0xc0000034 etc.

Studio T logging off

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds