windows vista?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by omega6, Feb 27, 2007.

1. omega6

omega6 Private E-2

I just bought a new computer with windows vista and I cant e-mail any links

ON my older laptop Windows xp I could right click on a link and one of the options was "SEnd To" and another little window would pop up and one of the options was "Mail recepient".....I dont have that On my new computer with windows vista..How do I e-mail a link to someone....help

Sincerely
    a computer idiot

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Not found a method as yet to add when you right click any link in a page to have the option of send to mail ( windows mail ) as yet, but if you have clicked the link you wish to send and its opened a new tab or the link is in the address bar then you can choose from the IE7 toolbar Page > Send Link by Mail

or right click the link and copy shortcut and past it into your email.

3. omega6

omega6 Private E-2

Thanx......Halo...It worked...copy shortcut and paste on e-mail..

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

No probs :)

Seems they remove that option in either Mail or IE7, A favour they removed it fromt he context menus of IE7, security prehaps, but no doubt someone will find the registry location to add it back at some point.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds