Dell 8250 RAM upgrade

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gwarren38, Feb 27, 2007.

1. gwarren38

gwarren38 Private E-2

I have a Dell 8250 with 256 MB RAM. They want $618.00 to add 512 MB more. Is there any cheaper way to do this? I can buy a new computer for that price but I'm happy with the one I have. It's just a little slow.
    Thanx, Greg

2. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

Dell 82xx series uses Rambus (RIMM) memory modules. These are obsolete and expensive. THEY ALSO HAVE TO BE ADDED IN PAIRS.
    The last one I added 512M to was last summer, UK cost £106
    Interestingly said Dell was the victim of a lightening strike four weeks ago and I lost the motherboard and processor. I replaced with a Dell Optiplex GX260 board and upgraded the processor from a 1.8P4 to a 2.6 celeron using more modern memory types but only 512M total. The result a much faster slicker pc. Cost £200, including the new memory.

Go find another supplier.

Studio T

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds