Home networking printer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rymandev, Mar 1, 2007.

1. rymandev

rymandev Private E-2

I've just purchased a HP Laserjet 5N with a JetDirect card and I'm trying to get it to work.

I have a 2Wire 2700HG-B gateway for the internet connection and a Linksys 8-port workgroup switch.

I have connected the gateway to the switch, with a connection then going to my computer, and then connected the printer to the switch.

On the printer, on the MIO menu I've tried to set all the parameters to "yes", but when I print a config map, it still shows a "no" on the "CFG NETWORK" under "HP MIO MENU".

What am I doing wrong? Firstly I'd like to actually be able to use the printer, and secondly have it in a home network so the rest of the family can print to it.
    Thanks!confused

2. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

The printer has to be configured from a PC using the HP software, and setting the printer with a static IP.

The Printer's Network drivers have to be installed on each Networked computer.

3. rymandev

rymandev Private E-2

Sorry, but how do I set a static IP for the printer. I ran the HP software, but it can't see the printer on the network, and I can't get the printer to print out an IP address because, like I said below, the MIO menu doesn't stay at "yes" for "config network".

4. rymandev

rymandev Private E-2

Ok, I finally got the printer to accept a static IP address. I had trouble with the setup because of a PCL XL error, but switched drivers and now it works fine. Thanks for the help!:cool

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds