Wireless problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Woodstockblue, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Woodstockblue

Woodstockblue Private E-2

Hi all,

Don't know what to do, here's the prob.

I have a Linksys BEFWS11 ver. 4 wireless router, at the moment, trying to hook a wired XP machine, D-Link DFE-530TX ethernet card, 4 wireless XP machines, 2 with Linksys WUSB54G ver. 4 wireless adapters, and 1 WUSB11 ver. 2.8 wireless adapter, and the 4th is a Gateway laptop with an A/B/G adapter. Everything works fine with just the wired machine, the router allows me internet access, and if I only use the WUSB11 ver. 2.8 machine everthing works. As soon as I try to bring one of the G adapters on, the router drops all connection, even to the setup. I have to shut everything down, and start again. Will the G adapters kick the router like this, or could the wireless from an X-Box 360 or PS3 do that? I am at a loss, any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, the power cycle works sometimes, but only for a few minutes before the router drops everything again. My connection is good if I connect directly to the modem. I have tried updating the firmware, and reset to factory defaults and started from scratch too many times to count. All drivers for the adapters are all current. So it is somewhere with the router.

Stu

Last edited: Mar 2, 2007

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds