Gotta Bad Case of a Loud Computer Fan!! HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ututman4, Mar 5, 2007.

1. ututman4

ututman4 Private E-2

So yeah, my computer fan is extremely loud...

I thought maybe the room it's in was just too warm, and it was overheating my computer, so I turned down the heat and left the windows open and left for class. Came back, it was freezing in the room, turned on my computer... it was okay for awhile, but then started doing it again.

Could anybody help me out on how to fix it? Or if it needs replaced, how would I go about doing that without wasting so much money?

Thank you all.

2. Yargwel

Yargwel MajorGeek

Welcome to Major Geeks. :)

Replacing a fan is fairly straight forward. Normally just a power connector (and maybe a sensor line to the mobo too) and four screws holding to the case. You can get varying sizes so the easiest thing to do if you want to replace it is to take the old one out, take it your local computer store and ask for "one of these please".

Of course it may just be clogged with dust causing it to run out of balance so you could try cleaning it first before spending any cash. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds