need serious help!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by YOO, Mar 5, 2007.

1. YOO

YOO Private E-2

well i started my computer and for some reason i got nothing so im like what is wrong right? i remember hearing a beep when turning my pc on but i dont hear that anymore. i was gonna take my bf2 cd out of the cd drive but i push the eject button and the tray wont come out so i thought i needed a new PSU but after installing the new one still nothing. i did all the troubleshootin like takin ram out, pci cards etc. i took a pic of the front of my pc and here is what it looks like

[​IMG]

the hdd light is not blinking like it used to do and the power light is not even on what does this mean?

HELP!!

2. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

No beep means you have a hardware problem. Could be a bad motherboard, who knows! Can you list the specs of the computer? And just for the heck of it, try booting it with the CD drive not hooked up. If you need that CD out of the drive, there should be a small hole in the front, inserting a paper clip (with the PC off) will open the drive.

Did you get any kind of different beeps or anything from the mobo during your trouble shooting?

E

3. YOO

YOO Private E-2

no i did not hear any beeps when i did the troubleshooting

amd 64 x2 4800+ Toledo @ 2.4ghz(Zalman HS)
    asus a8n5x Mobo
    1gb cosair xms pc3200
    WD 80gb HD
    sapphire x1900xtx
    OCZ 700W game X stream PSU

i check the video card and its fine.

4. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Can you try your RAM in another computer? You might try booting your up with no RAM and see if it beeps.

E

5. YOO

YOO Private E-2

i tried that already no beeps.

6. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

If you are getting no beeps at all from the mobo, I would say RIP mobo.:cry

Hopefully, someone else will come by to confirm this or have another opinion. I would try a CMOS reset, and verify the jumper is not on the clear CMOS while you are trying to boot it.

If a CMOS reset does not do it, and you have it in the right place and get no beeps, check the speaker, and make sure it is plugged in (if it uses an external speaker). If that does not work, in my opinion, RMA time on the mobo.

Keep in mind when RMA'ing parts, the info we give here is free. So feel free to look around for info, and if I am wrong, let me know.

E

7. Docktor D

Docktor D Private E-2

I'm following you around Fred
    Nothing on startup except the light besides what Fred states about MBo it could be the CPU:)

8. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Someone correct me if I am wrong here, I have never had a totally dead CPU (got one that works long enough to install windows, but would crash twice a day...). The POST is run off the motherboard, so you should get a beep code for a bad CPU right? Sorry, need more coffee...

Be careful following me around DocktorD, I am starting to get halfway decent at Counter Strike... :cool

E

9. YOO

YOO Private E-2

ok the mobo bien dead is more convincing, but one more thing. the green light on the mobo is lit green does that mean anything? can the mobo still be dead even though the light is green?

10. YOO

YOO Private E-2

goin to rma today :(

11. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

Yes. If it's the light I am thinking about (check your manual to make sure) all it does is let you know that the motherboard is connected to a power supply.

12. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

At the moment your reported symptoms are not making much sense.

The power supply provides
    12 volts to the cd, hard drive, fans and some parts of the motherboard, in particular the graphics.
    5 volts to the rest of the electronics including the various LED lights.

If the power supply is fully functional and properly connected to a cd the cd will open and close the drawer whether or not there is a dead or alive motherboard connected.

You say you tested your graphics card but do not say how.
    You say you have connected a replacement psu, how are you sure that it is OK?
    Have you disturbed any cables or connections , e.g the power switch?

Although beeps are a good indication of activity they only occur if there is a sounder on board or an internal speaker connected. I haven't checked whether your mobo has a sounder or needs an external speaker, again did you disturb any cables.

The motherboard has a light on , these are usually have diagnostic function. What does your manual say and what colour is the light. Is it steady or blinking?

Studio T

13. YOO

YOO Private E-2

ok no i didnt disturbed any cables. the night before all this happen i was using my computer normally later i shut the computer down. next morning when i was at work my girlfriend called me at working said that she turned on the computer but nothing was showing up.

your right it doesnt make sense why i cant eject the tray from my cd drive.
    the light on my motherboard is lit green and it has always been like that even when it was working normally.

maybe there is a short some where that i dont know off?

14. YOO

YOO Private E-2

so anyways here is a picture of my cd drive notice the light is on also and the tray wont come out for some reason. i upluged the power from the cd drive to see if that was the problem but nothing i get the same thing.:cry

[​IMG]

15. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

Your CD drive may be Takin a Pooooo!
    You can retrive your BF2 CD by inserting a paper clip into the little hole near the light (you can see it in your Pic)
    Firmly poke the Hole out and come the CD

16. YOO

YOO Private E-2

well since i unpluged all the drives, took out the ram and my sound card and still i dont get beeps, i think that my bios got corrupted somehow. can ASUS replace the bios chip or should just get a new mobo?

17. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

Have you managed to take the CD out of the drive?
    The cd may have jammed, preventing the drawer open mechanism operating.

I think diagnosing this fault is beyond your resources and you should have a professional look at the pc before you spend money on what might well be the wrong fix or even damage some components.

Studio T

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds