System Crash

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by PhunPhreak, Mar 7, 2007.

1. PhunPhreak

PhunPhreak Private E-2

:cry i have a Compaq Presario sr1630nx that was running ok after doing the malware fix y'all have but it recently locked up and wouldn't respond to CTRL/ALT/DEL. It was unplugged to do a reboot but now won't boot past the HP/COMPAQ logo screen. I cannot locate the recovery CD, unfortunately. Can anyone advise me a way to troubleshoot/fix the problem without sending it for a costly bench repair?:cry

2. sosaman

sosaman Sergeant Major

have, you tried booting into safe mode (i think F8 while booting up)?

most hp's/compaqs partition the h/d (basically a wall), and the restoration stuff is there. normally when you boot up (i think it's F10 while booting up), you can get into the restoration part of the disk. if your not able to, you can order restoration disks from hp/compaq (i think i paid less than $20 from hp w/shipping). now, if you have stuff on your comp h/d that you need/want you can take it out (h/d) and put into a friend's comp, and get what you want off of there (before reinstalling the os). however, this is last case scenerio(sp).

also, what is your o/s currently? if you order disks from hp/compaq, they will be more current, as they don't do older stuff (windows me, 98, etc.). anyway, i was helping a friend and her's was so polluted that when i tried to clean it up, it locked up, and i basically had to do a full reinstall (wasn't my fault), and i was able to save all of her pics and music, etc. g/l, sos

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds