Log files

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by qxghscx, Mar 8, 2007.

1. qxghscx

qxghscx Private E-2

I hope I'm in the right forum. If not please move me to the right one. Just a quick question; my wife said that there was some error messages on our pc, earlier tonight. She did a cold boot to clear them and turn off the pc. Does anyone know if there is a copy of the messages, that might be saved somewhere on our pc? Like a log file.

2. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

Hello qxqhscx,

When you post a question it is helpful to add some informatoion. I assume you have some flavour of Windows XP so here goes for that system.

start>controlpanel>performance and maintencance>administrative tools
    double click the event viewer icon
    An explorer like tree opens with 3 or 5 logs listed in the left hand pane
    Select each in turn and scroll down to the time of the problem in the right hand pane.
    Read of the details you require. If you want to post them, dont post the entire logs, just copy and paste the last 20 mins before the fault into notepad.

hope this helps

Studio T

3. qxghscx

qxghscx Private E-2

Thanks Studio T

I checked out the log and it wasn't too important. Just on of my programs didn't close correctly. Thanks again.

Qxghscx

4. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

Another satisfied geek

Studio T logging out

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds