Connection issues on games

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gabbermatt, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Gabbermatt

Gabbermatt Private E-2

Hi first post here and thanks for reading/helping. I'm at my friends house trying to play Battlefield 2142 and Eve online but can't connect to either one. Normally I would think this is a Port issue but it's not, I know this because I went in and opened every single port from 0-65535 (i think is the highest) on TCP and UDP and even BOTH, he has a Linksys wireless router (even tho I don't believe it is the router)

What is really wierd and irks me the most is the fatc that I can connect to World of Warcraft, Vanguard, Anarchy Online, and play games with them through the LAN w/ no problems, 2142 and Eve are the only 2 programs that refuse to believe there's an internet connection like something is blocking them.

I have the windows Firewall turned off and even made exceptions for them through it but still refuses to connect....

Is there some kind of setting I'm forgetting? I even tried the network setup wizard and did all the same info that the other 5 computers on the network are using, no matter what spot on the router i plug in, no matter what i change the IP too, and no matter how many ports i open, it doesn't work...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds