Loud fan on evga graphics card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jess1rph, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Jess1rph

Jess1rph Private E-2

I have an EVGA e-GeForce 6600LE graphics card that is about a year old. It has recently started making a noise that sounds as if it is hitting something during its rotations. I pinpointed that it was definately the graphics card fan making the noise, removed the card and used compressed air to clean out any accumulated dust. I also looked to make sure that nothing was coming into contact with the fan blades. Can the fan be removed from the graphics card (it seems to be stuck on pretty good) to look into it more or do I just need to contact EVGA(it's still under warrenty). Thanks!!!!!

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Check with Evga. If you see obvious screws, you can often buy a replacement fan cheap, but if unsure, check with them before voiding your warranty.

3. Jess1rph

Jess1rph Private E-2

I called EVGA and they are sending out a replacement fan at no charge. Thanks.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds