Blocking/bouncing email address

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Digibirder, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Digibirder

Digibirder Private First Class

My husband is receiving emails at work from one particular person that he wants to block and try to bounce back a message to let this person know that the emails are not wanted so that they, hopefully, will stop sending them.

He is using an Outlook Exchange 2003 system, which can also be accessed using remote webmail from any other computer.

Is there a simple way to do this? He has been to their tech department and all they suggest is blocking it, which marks it as spam. He has tried this, but the message still downloads into the Junk folder. He could delete all spam, and therefore this message, if marked in the above way, but he does not want to simply delete all spam, as some may be genuine emails. He really wants this person to know, or at least think, that either his email address is invalid, or that their emails are not welcome.

Thanks.

2. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

The tech department should be able to black list an address in the mail server. Other then really can't "bounce" a message back as thats not following standards. Or he could write on outlook rule to move anything from that address to the trash on his machine.

3. Digibirder

Digibirder Private First Class

Thanks Colemanguy.

I am sure the techies could do something - I think they may have misunderstood what he wanted to do.

After posting my query, I did discover something about setting up an out of office message and then setting a rule to send this message when an email from that address comes in. I don't use Outlook so I would have to go over to his office to work through it, but I think the techies would have to sort it as I think it's all server based.

We don't really want to simply delete the messages, or have them trashed - we want a message to get back to the sender that they are being blocked or blacklisted, or whatever.

I'll keep trying. Thanks for your help.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds