new agp card slower than old one?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bloodnut, Mar 13, 2007.

1. bloodnut

bloodnut Private E-2

hiya

So i just got my X800 xt today and it works fine, though it seems slower and chunkier than my old graphics card? the old one is a geforce 6600 gt.

I think it might be due to the fact that my computer died before i got this card, and for now im using a slow 1.1 ghz computer.

do you think this is the reason??

im soon to be getting a pentium d 945 processor. Do ya think it will be ok then?

cheers and beers!!

Tristo

2. bloodnut

bloodnut Private E-2

anybody have any ideas?

3. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

It is definately a faster card

If the CPU you are currently using is slower than the previous one
    and/or you are using less/slower RAM then the whole system including the Graphics card will run slower.

Once you get your new processor, you should be pleasantly surprised

4. bloodnut

bloodnut Private E-2

thanks shanemail

thats just what i wanted to hear :)

the only issue i have now though is that i put the old graphics card back in this pile o' poo computer and it seems to outperform my new one?

perhaps it is more closely matched to this lower end system?

cheers and beers!@

5. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

You're exactly right. The higher end card is probably ready to accept data faster than your CPU can produce data so it 'gets ahead of itself'....

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds