HP printer stops printing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kissme729, Mar 13, 2007.

1. kissme729

kissme729 Private E-2

I just purchased a new computer (Dell dimension C521) at work and it is running windows xp professional with service pack 2. I have tried to install a local printer (HP Deskjet 932c) I have tried everything to get this thing to work. The computer recognizes it says it's there but when I try to print it starts and stop and says it failed. I also tried to install a program called faxmain. This program is to send faxes electronically from my desk instead of on paper and it's print drivers won't install either. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks.

2. rik_na

rik_na Sergeant

What exactly did you do to install. you installed the printer drivers, or a generic set off XP? What do you mean by the computer recognises it, it is listed amongst your printers? It is your default printer i assume.

3. kissme729

kissme729 Private E-2

The computer recognized it and it shows up on the list and I installed the generic driver and I installed the driver from HP and it still won't work. When I say it recognizes the printer I had deleted the printer altogether and yesterday morning when I started my computer it put it down in the toolbar and said it was installed but still it starts to print and then stops. I also was unable to install a print driver for our faxmain. Any help is appreciated.

thanks

4. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

You will need to uninstall the printer, and faxmain drivers/ programs,.
    Some printers can be niggly to install.
    When reinstalling, have the printer connected, but not switched on. Switch it on when the software starts to look for it. If Windows wants to install a new piece of hardware- say cancel, as it will mess up the install. As the program installs, you should see at the bottom of your screen, found new printer etc, as Windows finds it - just let the printer drivrs complete.
    When finished, shut down and restart.
    If Printer now o.k, then retry installing the faxmain.

5. kissme729

kissme729 Private E-2

Forgive my ignorance but how do you uninstall the drivers? The faxmain drivers didn't load at all. The printer keeps trying to print but it just stops within 2 seconds.

6. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

Go to Control panel,And remove programs, and remove completely from there.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds